Hampshire Constabulary are on a mission to make cyclists ‘seen’ on the roads. The campaign was sparked after statistics revealed that between January 2011 and December 2015, 979 cyclists were killed or seriously injured across Hampshire and Isle of Wight roads. As part of the campaign, officers will be carrying out events across the county, hoping to encourage more cyclists to wear florescent clothing and have lights when they cycle. Freebies will be given out including florescent rucksack covers, neck tubes as well as cycle lights.
Keep safe this winter by making sure you’re seen! To help you we have provided a list of winter cycling tips to get you started:
- Wear florescent or bright clothing
- Make sure your bike has lights or flourescents
- Make sure your lights are on and easily visible
- Leave extra time and take care when cycling in icy conditions
- Wrap up warm and of course don’t forget your helmet!
For more information about the events and the scheme please click here.
If you have any more helpful tips for cycling in the winter let us know by tweeting us @PBATravel.