Welcome to Eastergate Park, Fontwell Avenue Travel Plan Site.
This page is designed to give you the best, easiest and most up-to-date information about travel and facilities in your area in order to make the most of what it has to offer! On this page you can find information relating to:
- Local Shops and centres
- Railway stations and information
- Bus stops/timetables/fares
- Cycle routes, shops and vouchers
- Events on in your local area
Much of the information is provided through direct links to other websites, ensuring that the information we give, and you use, is up to date.
Chichester and Arundel are both around a 30-minute cycle away, with Barnham, Eastergate and Westergate amenities being located around 5-10 minutes from the site and also offers a wide range of services and shops. The accessibility map below highlights all of the major amenities and points of interest that can be found in the vicinity of your home.
You also have the opportunity to claim your £150 travel vouchers either as a bus or cycle voucher.
- Cycle- Halfords voucher for a bike or cycling equipment
- Bus- Compass Bus Ticket x 5
Why not start by walking for small journeys and make it part of your everyday life! Visit walkingforhealth.org.uk for info!
There are many benefits to walking which include;
- Increasing your cardiovascular fitness
- Boosting your energy and improving your mood
- Strengthening your bones, improving your balance, and boosting your muscle power
- Good for your mental and physical health
- Great way to include physical activity into your daily routine and save money!
Your new home is located near a number of footways and Public Rights of Way. These are presented in the map below, showing how these routes can provide access to your nearest bus and rail stations.
South West Sussex Ramblers
South West Sussex Ramblers are part of the national Ramblers Association, providing walks near your new home in Chester, Slindon and Arundel.
You are also encouraged to car share or use public transport to reach the start, so what better way to get active and make new friends!
More information visit: https://www.ramblers.org.uk/south-west-sussex
National Trust walks in Sussex can also be found at: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/sussex/walking?campid=ppc_lse_regional_google_Walks&dfaid=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI07XDg8yA_QIVwrHtCh2SYgDAEAAYASAAEgLb6PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#cb-225255084
The cycle routes near your new home are presented below including local cycle route and National Cycle Routes (NCR). The local cycle route near your home is the Barnham to Walberton cycle path which is a 2km trail. This provides a connection near to the NCR route 2 near Bognor Regis. Route 2 also can be joined in Chichester. While route 88 runs from Chichester to West Dean.
Why not explore and try one of the routes near you today!
Don’t forget you can claim your £150 voucher and use it to buy a bike or cycling equipment from your nearest Halfords store!
Your closest bus stop is located c. 280m from your new home at Level Mare Lane on Fontwell Avenue. Other services are provided from Ivy Lane which is located c.1km on Westergate Street. Regular bus services provide links to Chichester, Arundel and Westergate
Compass Travel Offers
- Compass Rover Tickets
Available on MyTrip app, which provides for s seven-day period unlimited travel on Compass Bus Routes. The services near your site provided by Compass Travel are included in this.
It costs £30 for an adult and £15 for a child.
- PlusBus Tickets
Allows for seamless train and bus travel at discount (www.plusbus.info)
Further information on offers is provided at: https://www.compass-travel.co.uk/tickets-and-passes/
Key services are provided in the tables below:
|Level Mare Lane||Monday to Friday|
|85 (Arundel- Fontwell- Chichester)||Arundel- Chichester (07:13, 12:13, 16:13) Chichester- Arundel (09:24, 11:12, 15:19)|
|658 (Westergate- Chichester)||14:50|
|Ivy Lane (opp)||Monday to Saturday|
|66A Bognor Regis- Yapton||(10:32, 14:50, 17:54)|
|66c- Bognor Regis- Yapton||(08:32, 12:51, 16:49)|
Barnham Railway Station is located approximately 2.7 km from your home; accessible within a 34-minute walk or a 9-minute cycle. Providing regular services to Portsmouth & Southsea, Southampton Central, London Victoria, Brighton, and Bognor Regis.
- 62 cycle storage spaces with CCTV
- 130 car parking spaces and 2 accessible
- Step free access
- ATM machine
- Waiting room
PlusBike- It’s a free resource tool with all the information you need to plan a stress-free journey, visit plusbike.nationalrail.co.uk
Network Railcard- Purchasing a Network Railcard will give you up to a 1/3 off rail fares and will allow you to travel across 16 counties (inc. London). Visit www.network-railcard.co.uk
Liftshare – West Sussex car share is part of the liftshare network. It is a great way to get around your local area for day trips or work events at a fraction of the price. A commuter can typically save around £1,000 a year by carsharing. Reduce stress and cut your carbon footprint at the same time.
If not why not switch to hybrid of electric vehicles, and start saving money today!
Electric charging points near to your home:
- Shell Recharge Charging Station & Chargemaster Charging Station (Arundel Road)
- PodPoint Charging Station Barnham Railway Station
- Visit zap-map.com for more information on available charging points in your local area.
Walking and cycling
- Halfords https://www.halfords.com/customer-services/contact-us/
- Sustrans (National Cycle Routes)
- Local council page for walking https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/land-waste-and-housing/public-paths-and-the-countryside/public-rights-of-way/public-rights-of-way-imap/imap/
- Local council page for cycling: https://cyclejourneyplanner.westsussex.gov.uk/
- Local bus operators www.stagecoachbus.com https://www.compass-travel.co.uk/
- Public transport journey planner http://www.traveline.info
- Local Rail Operator http://www.southernrailway.com
- Rail journey planner links http://www.nationalrail.co.uk www.thetrainline.com
- Lift Share
- West Sussex Car Share https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/media/2737/west_sussex_car_share_leaflet-1.pdf
- Live Roadworks