Welcome to the Kingsland Gate Travel Plan Site.
We’re here to help you utilise the best of your area, be that shops, facilities or public transport.
On this page you can find information on the following:
- Local Shops and centres
- Bus stops/timetables/fares
- Train station/timetables
- Cycle routes, shops
- Events on in your local area
Much of the information is provided through direct links to other websites, which ensures that the information we give and you use is up to date.
What’s in your local area?
Your home is in proximity to numerous facilities and amenities located within Hassocks. Hassocks Town Centre is approximately 1.5km south of Kingsland Gate which is accessible via a 20-minute walk or 6-minute cycle! We have provided a handy map below which gives an indication as to where you may find certain facilities.
Kingsland Gate is located close to bus stops along London Road. These stops are served by Metrobus. A summary of the routes and timetables are outlined below, along with relevant links to the page.
270 – East Grinstead – Haywards Heath – Burgess Hill – Brighton
Every 60 minutes between 0730 – 1800 Monday to Saturday and at 1051, 1251 & 1546 on Sundays
271 – Crawley – Burgess Hill – Brighton
Every 120 minutes between 0600 – 2000 Monday to Friday and between 0900 – 1700 at the Weekend
272 – Crawley – Haywards Heath – Burgess Hill – Brighton
Every 120 minutes between 0600 – 2200 Monday to Friday and between 1000 – 1600 on Saturdays
Click here for all the latest information or download the app
Why take the Bus?
There are many reasons as to why taking the bus can be beneficial for you, including:
- Walking to and from the bus stop is a great way to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine
- Taking the bus allows you to be proactive with your time, you could read your book, reply to emails and catch up with friends.
- You are choosing to travel sustainably, helping to support the climate emergency at current, contributing to cleaner air in your area and influencing others to make better travel options.
- Season tickets could offer unlimited travel services for a more affordable price
Kingsland Gate is within 1km of Hassocks Railway Station. Regular services to London and Brighton are available. For up-to-date train information, click here:
Cycling in and around Hassocks is quick and easy given the flat landscape, wide carriageways and shared footway/cycleways.
For wider cycles, National Cycle Network Route 20 is located approximately 4km (15 minutes) west of your home and provides a cycle route into Brighton. NCN Route 2 can be accessed from Brighton which provides a long-distance route along the south coast in sections from Kent to Cornwall.
Want to get out and explore your local area, but do not own your own bike? Hassocks Community Cycle Hire is located outside of Hassocks Railway Station (BN6 8HN). Mountain bikes are available to hire all year round from £11 for children and from £20 for adults per day. To find out more click here:
Benefits of Cycling:
- Decreases your stress levels
- Improves posture and coordination
- Strengthens bones and improves joint mobility
- Reduces congestion
- Saves you money
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
When you are cycling it is important that you stay safe and follow the highway code! We have provided a few handy tips below:
- Look and signal to show drivers what you plan to do, make eye contact where possible.
- Wear a correctly fitted cycle helmet that is securely fastened
- Where possible, try to maintain a safe distance when you cycle
- Wear high-visibility and reflective clothing and accessories at all times
We understand that sometimes driving is the only option. Therefore, using sustainable driving practices such as car clubs or car sharing can help save you money and reduce your impact on the environment!
West Sussex Carshare
Car sharing is a great way to help reduce pollution, cut congestion, meet new people and save money! If you are travelling somewhere and have a spare seat in the car, why not offer someone a lift?
Alternatively, if you need a lift why not check to see if anyone if offering one to the location you wish to travel to? Find out all the information you need here:
Still need to drive your own car? There are still ways to develop more sustainable habits, why not try some of the below techniques:
- Remove unnecessary weight from your car such as roof racks or boxes
- Avoid breaking and accelerating hard by driving smoothly
- Limit the use of your air conditioning
- Check your tyres are fully inflated
- Stick to the speed limit – speeding often leads to higher fuel consumption
If you need help planning a journey by bike, click here.
For help planning your bus journey in the local area, click here.
If you need help planning your train journey, click here or here
Or if you want to ask us a question, please email email@example.com